Sulfuric acid production
Activity of SKZ-U LLP is aimed at satisfying the sulfuric acid demand of uranium mining enterprises of NAC Kazatomprom JSC. The structure of SKZ-U LLP includes: sulfuric acid shop, energy complex, auxiliary departments, housing community, solar power station.
The technological process is represented by the following flowchart:
The main directions of development of the chemical industry are observed in the chosen technology of the H2SO4 production:
- The technology is low-waste– the conversion of the raw material into the end product reaches 99,9 %.
- It is energy-saving, as the process provides its own energy-saving.
This chemical technology has a number of functions:
- Rational use of raw materials and energy.
- Large scale and low price.
Since the process is continuous, it has a number of advantages:
- A large amount of yield of the product – high intensity of the process.
- The elimination of heat losses due to thermodynamic properties – heating – cooling.
- Ease of automation.
Due to the fact that SKZ-U LLP is a company directly involved in the production of raw material for uranium mining enterprises of NAC Kazatomprom JSC, the state of the world market of uranium and sulfur has an impact on the company.
The supplier of the main raw material for the production of sulfuric acid – granulated sulfur, is United Chemical Company LLP, which purchases sulfur from Tengizchevroil LLP with a foreign currency peg. Fluctuations in the exchange rates of the national currency to foreign currencies have a significant impact on the operating activities of SKZ-U LLP.
Currently, there are no analogues of sulfuric acid production technology of SKZ-U LLP in the Republic of Kazakhstan. The production technology is low-waste and allows the conversion of raw materials into the end product at the level of 99.9 %.